2018-04-29 19:45 三立在线
1. Emphasis on words in context
2. Emphasis on command of evidence
3. Inclusion of informational graphics
4. Specified range of text complexity
Example：The comingdecades will likely see more intense clustering of jobs, innovation, andproductivity in a smaller number of bigger cities and city-regions. Someregions could end up bloated beyond the capacity of their infrastructure, whileothers struggle, their promise stymied by inadequate human or other resources.
As used in the 1st line, “intense” mostnearly means
解析：大家可以看到“intense”在文中修饰 “clustering(释义：a group ofthings positioned close together)”,而 “more intenseclustering...”与后面的“in a smaller number of...”构成了对比，由此可以推测出 “intense”在语境中的特点是紧凑，密集，这样我们就可以判断出正确答案为 “B”。
1) Intense is used to describe somethingthat is very great or extreme in strength or degree.
He was sweating from the intense heat...
2) If you describe an activity asintense, you mean that it is very serious and concentrated, and often involvesdoing a great deal in a short time.
The battle for third place wasintense...
3) If you describe the way someone looksat you as intense, you mean that they look at you very directly and seem toknow what you are thinking or feeling.
I felt so self-conscious under Luke'smother's intense gaze...
4) If you describe a person as intense,you mean that they appear to concentrate very hard on everything that they do,and they feel and show their emotions in a very extreme way.
I know he's an intense player, but hedoes enjoy what he's doing...